Tuesday, February 1, 2011

For the Sake of His Country, Mubarak Must Go

I watched the evening news tonight. I watched two broadcasts because I am riveted to the news from Egypt. I have not lived through a revolution in my life, but I can almost feel the excitement in the air coming from Liberation Square in Cairo, Egypt. What will happen as the days march on? No one knows, but one can only hope that the people get their way. They want democracy, and they deserve it.

I never knew that a revolution could be so peaceful. Oh yes, there has been some looting and vandalism, but all in all it has been organized, and directed. One can only respect the Egyptian people. They are maintaining order, guarding the Egyptian museum, and their homes from the usual criminals that take advantage of situations such as this. But they are determined.

I heard on the news tonight that Mubarak says he will leave after the September election. That is not good enough for the crowds, and they are right. The military has played an honorable role so far, helping to maintain order, and not turning on the people. What a respectable country.

It's time for Mubarak to leave. Why? For the good of the country. I do not know how long these people can continue to ask for his departure and he doesn't hear them! He needs to respect the people, and listen. I worry they will not be able to restrain themselves for too long. I worry that there will be violence if he doesn't listen.

The streets are filled with men, young and old, women, families, children. What a terrible conflict if this doesn't resolve in a few days. Those tanks look awfully  powerful, and flesh doesn't do well against that armor. I worry that the people will march on the presidential palace and it will start. Bang, bang, terror and blood.

Mr. Mubarak, listen to your people. It is time to leave, and the best thing you can do is doing what is BEST for Egypt. Let your people have the democracy they desire and deserve. They are good people. The whole world can see it in their faces on the TV screens. If you leave, we will know what you are doing (I can write your farewell speech myself if you ask me. It will be simple and to the point.). Just say that you love Egypt. You love it's people. God bless them, and Good bye. Give them their life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. It's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment